Dream team alert! Form Nutrition and JENKI Matcha served up the perfect Matcha Energy Ball recipe that we think is absolutely DIVIne. Clean scalp care means taking care of what you put into your body, not just what you apply to the surface. These energy bites give your body that much-needed early morning boost without any of the harmful ingredients many store-bought brands include. We’re swapping the peanut butter brownies for protein balls at our next holiday event (or… we’ll at least alternate).
Ingredients: (Recipe = 30 Protein Balls)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp @formnutrition Performance Vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 2-4 dates (soaked in warm water, drained)
- 2 tsp JENKI matcha
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Blend all the ingredients until a thick cookie dough-like texture - about 3-5 mins. If the mixture is too crumbly, add more nut butter. If too wet, add more almond flour. Add more dates for sweetness or nut butter for creaminess.
- Scoop out 1-tbsp portions and roll them into balls
- Roll in shredded coconut or hemp seeds and refrigerate for 10-15 mins
Fun fact: did you know that hemp seeds are a great source of fatty acids? Fatty acids aid in hair health and growth - sign us up. With the holidays coming up, it’s all too easy to overindulge, but this #DiviApproved treat makes snacking easy (and still so, so good).
How are you taking care of yourself this season?